In the latest update of ipad apps, we focus on Social Skills this week. We've included a brief description of the app that is available in the Apps store so you can quickly judge whether the app is relevant to you.
- Emotion Detective - the app has adapted the core social skills deficits identified in individuals with ASD by Scott Bellini (2006) into 4 fun games that will engage your child in learning
- Stories2Learn - a way to promote social messages to individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities
- Micro-Expression Trainer - improve recognition of facial expressions and the interpretation of all seven expression, anger, contempt, disgust, fear, happiness, sadness and surprise
- Kimochis Feeling Frenzy - a playful way to teach children how to identify and express feelings.
- Model Me Going Places 2 - visual teaching tool for helping your child learn to navigate challenging locations in the community.
Remember to read the review and make your own judgement on the suitability of the app, some vary in price from free upwards. Our next apps post will focus on Literacy.